The Friends of the Spotswood Public Library is a community organization dedicated to helping the library achieve maximum service to the public. Since 1996, the Friends have initiated fundraising activities, such as Dine to Donate programs around town, sponsored and organized programming, such as the Monday Movie Matinees and various lectures, and subsidized purchases that were beyond the scope of the municipal library budget.
In 2016, the Friends celebrated twenty years of success. Through their fundraising efforts, the Friends have provided much, including the Library’s new TV in the meeting room, a glass-fronted display case, outdoor signs, and and a Museum Pass to the Grounds for Sculpture which provides free admission for up to 4 people.
Ahead are new challenges and opportunities, as we seek to make the Spotswood Public Library a small jewel of library service and public pride. Please fill out the FOL – Membership form and return it to the Spotswood Public Library.
Our meetings are once a month. We’d love to have you get involved in planning our upcoming events. Thank you.
- Monday, October 26, 2020 at 11:45 AM This meeting will be outside on the library patio. Please wear a mask and bring a chair.
Letters from Santa
The Friends of the Library have made special arrangements with Santa to send your loved one a personalized letter all the way from the North Pole this year. Stay tuned for more information.
Monday Movie Matinees at 1:30 each Monday
- Playhouse 22 fundraiser each season
- Otillia’s “Dine to Donate” Fundraiser
- Gennaro’s “Dine to Donate” Fundraiser
- The History of Spotswood, presented by a member of the Cultural and Heritage Commission
- History of the Jersey Shore presentation
- History of Christmas Presentation
- Pumpkin decorating
- Jewelry Sales
- Grounds for Sculpture
- Letters from Santa