NOTICE: The Spotswood Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting scheduled for Thursday, November 19 at 7:00 p.m. will be conducted via Zoom. The meeting will be held virtually in order to abide by Statewide social distancing requirements during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81976007329?pwd=NlBvM2RYUlR1UWRMNGdKNzBrOCsvdz09
Meeting ID: 819 7600 7329, Passcode: 033538
Dial by your location
+16468769923, US (New York)
+13017158592, US (Washington D.C)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcAezM3cto
If you are a member of the public and wish to participate in the Public Comment portion of the meeting, please follow the instructions below to join the virtual meeting via Zoom audio:
- Join the meeting using Zoom. Each resident user/participant will have the capability to participate via: a. Audio only; b. Audio & chat function; c. Participants can “raise their hand” with an icon
- Use the “Chat” function to send a message to the “Host” including only your first and last name and home address.
- When you hear your name announced during the Public Comment portion of the meeting, you may address the Board. Only one public comment period is scheduled. Each resident will be allowed one comment opportunity. All microphones of public users will be muted, except as set forth above during the Public Comment period. Please adhere to the instructions above.
Once you’re in the room, select the “Join Audio” option at the bottom right of your screen.
The Library Board normally meets on the Third Thursday of each month in the library’s meeting room, and all meetings are open to the public. If you have any questions, please contact library director C. L. Quillen at email@example.com.
Anne Wallace, President 12/31/24
Carol Farley, Treasurer 12/31/20
Diane Barlow, Secretary 12/31/22
Emma Jane Decker 12/31/23
Mary Leaver 12/31/21
Marylin Israel, Mayor’s Alternate
Annamaria Faga, Superintendent’s Alternate
Larry Kraemer, Council Liason
C.L. Quillen, Library Director
Email the board with questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting Schedule and Minutes
- January 16, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- March 19, 2020, Cancelled. Rescheduled virtually for April 2, 2020 at 3:15 pm
- April 2, 2020, Virtual Meeting
- April 16, 2020, Virtual Meeting
- April 23, 2020,Special Virtual Meeting
- April 23, 2020, Executive Session, Special Virtual Meeting
- May 21, 2020,Virtual Meeting
- June 4, 2020 Virtual Meeting
- June 18, 2020, Virtual Meeting
- July 17, 2020,Virtual Meeting (Please note day change — this is a Friday)
- August 7, 2020,, Virtual Meeting (Please note day change — this is a Friday)
August 20, 2020,Virtual Meeting (Postponed until Friday, 8/28)
- August 28, 2020, Virtual Meeting (Please note day change — this is a Friday)
- September 17, 2020 (Rescheduled for Thursday, September 17 at 7 pm via Zoom)
- October 22, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- December 17, 2020
All meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month, unless otherwise indicated. Meetings being promptly at 7:30 PM in the Library Meeting Room.
All meetings are open to the public.
HOW A BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS ESTABLISHED
Once a free public library is established by a municipality, a board of trustees is formed consisting of the mayor or his/her alternate; the superintendent of schools or his/her alternate; and at least five citizens appointed by the mayor. The appointments shall be for terms of one, two, three, four and five years, respectively. N.J.S.A.40:54-9
Upon the expiration of the term of office of any trustee, the mayor shall appoint a citizen for a term of five years in the same manner as the original appointment was made. Vacancies occurring in the board of trustees shall be filled for the unexpired term only, in the same manner as the original appointments are made. N.J.S.A.40:54-10
POWERS OF THE TRUSTEES
The board shall hold in trust and manage all property of the library. The board hires the library director. The board makes proper rules and regulations for the government of the library, and generally does all things necessary and proper for the establishment and maintenance of the free public library in the municipality. N.J.S.A.40:54-12
Further information about New Jersey State Library Laws can be found at http://www.njstatelib.org/LDB/Library_Law.
page last updated 11/16/20