Placing Your Order:
If you know what you want, you can go right to the catalog to place your order. If you’re not sure, please click on Children’s Books, DVDs, or Books for Adults to fill out a short questionnaire about your preferences. Our staff will provide a grab and go bag of titles for you based on your selections.
- Use our website to search for items currently available at the library, and place a hold on the items you want. Or fill out one of the forms above for a personalized grab and go bag of titles based on your likes and dislikes. You can also call the library at 732-251-1515 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have your library card number available when you call or email. Staff are available to assist you on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 pm to 7:30 pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am to 4:30 pm. Please note: we are limited to items owned by the Spotswood Library as delivery service is temporarily suspended.
- You will be notified via email or phone when your hold is ready. Wait times for holds placed online are currently longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.
Step Two: Wait for Notification, Then Call Us to Schedule a Pick Up Time
- We will notify you by phone when your holds (maximum of 10 items per card) are available to pickup (it usually takes about 24 hours Monday to Thursday) and schedule a date and time for you to pick them up. If you placed holds via our catalog, please call the library after you receive notification that your holds are available to make an appointment to pick them up. Pick up times are Mondays and Wednesdays from 2 pm to 7:30 pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 am to 4:30 pm.
- Staff will have your items checked out and placed in a new plastic bag with your receipt.
Step Three: Pick Up Your Items
- Masks are required for all library pickups. Please maintain your distance from any other customers.
- Park in the Library’s parking lot.
- Walk around to the Main Street entrance and pick up your items from the table in the lobby. They will be labeled with the first 3 letters of your last name and the last 4 numbers of your barcode (ABC1234). We cannot accept requests for other materials during the pickup process.
- When you arrive at the library, please wait in line if necessary.
- Library Takeout Service may be canceled or hours adjusted, due to inclement weather or staff illness.
- Spotswood Library remains closed to the public.
- Restrooms, computers, and other spaces will not be accessible.
- Staff are unavailable for in person assistance.
- All returns should be placed in our book drop. Please do not leave items in the lobby.
- There is NO delivery service between LMxAC libraries.
- Books borrowed from the Spotswood Library must be returned to the Spotswood Library.
- If you do not pick up items at your scheduled time and do not call us to reschedule, your items will be checked in and your holds will be cancelled.
For the safety of our staff and library customers, we are:
- Handling all materials while wearing masks and gloves.
- Holding all materials in quarantine for 72 hours before checking them in. ***As of 7/20, we have increased the quarantine time to 5-7 days due to an update on the research on quarantining material. No fines will be charged at this time for late items.**** (Research Shows Virus Undetectable on Five Highly Circulated Library Materials After Three Days and Realm Project: Happening Now)
- Packaging checked out items in new plastic bags.
- Disinfecting our pickup table and other library surfaces that you may come in contact with regularly.