Some spaces and services are not yet available:
- Meeting rooms
- Book Sale
Additionally, there will be no eating or drinking in the Library until further notice. Restrooms are not available. No tutoring in the Library will be allowed until further notice.
RESTROOMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
Please be aware of the following:
- Following updated CDC guidelines, masks and social distancing are REQUIRED for those who are not fully vaccinated, including ALL children ages 2-11. The Library will provide a mask if requested.
- If you are fully vaccinated face masks are strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Please do not enter the building if you are sick.
- We will be discouraging gatherings of groups and long stays in the library, and tutoring will not be allowed.
- A limited number of computers will be available with a daily limit of 90 minutes. Computer sessions are 45 minutes long and may be extended if no one is waiting.
- Toys, puzzles, games, and children’s computers will not be available.
- Library materials must be returned in the outdoor drop box.
- Most programs will continue online through the summer. Some children’s programs will be offered outdoors.
- We are no longer charging late fines. If you have lost materials, call or email the library, or stop in to find out how to take care of those charges.
- Donations cannot be accepted at this time. Try Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity to see if they will accept your donations.
FINES AND FEES: The Library has eliminated fines on most items. Lost items will be billed to your account and can be paid for online using SmartPay: https://smartpay.lmxac.org/scripts/smartpay/smartpay.dll or by visiting the library.
CONTACTLESS SERVICE: Library Takeout, our contactless service, will continue to be available from the parking lot entrance to the library. Please call the library at 732-251-1515 or go online at spotslibrary.org to place holds. If you aren’t sure what you are looking for, fill out one of our forms at http://spotslibrary.org/takeout/ and we will place holds on a few items that we think you might like based on your preferences. We can also print your documents or send faxes if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Printing is $0.15 per page for black and white, $0.25 for color, $1.00 per page for faxes. Please try to have exact change.
Return of Library Items: Items must be returned to the outdoor book drop. Do not bring returns into the Library building.
Printing/Photocopying/Faxing Printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing are all available. Printing is $0.15 per page for black and white, $0.25 for color, $1.00 per page for faxes. Please try to have exact change.
Programs Online programs are available via Zoom and Facebook. Please visit our calendar for additional details.
Book Donations We are unable to accept book donations at this time. Please consider supporting the Friends of the Spotswood Public Library by making a financial donation to them instead.
Last updated 6/24/21