Due to the increase in cases of COVID-19, the library will be open for TAKEOUT ONLY beginning November 21.
Please call 732-251-1515 to place your holds.
Spotswood Public Library Limited Services Policy during a Pandemic
When Entering the Library In accordance with Library policy, state guidelines, and CDC guidelines:
- Anyone over two years of age is required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose.*
- Observe social distancing of at least six feet at all times while in the Library.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the Library.
- You should not visit the library if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 or during the 14 day quarantine period if you have recently traveled out of state.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult and must remain with that adult while visiting the library. *If you are unable to wear a mask, we can assist you through Library Takeout, our contact-free pick up service.
In the Library:
- All services are available by appointment only.
- Browse & borrow – our shelves and checkout desk are open. Please collect your items quickly to allow others to enter the Library. Please limit your visit to 30 minutes or less.
- Computers, printing, and scanning are available by appointment, which will be limited to 45 minutes. As we must remain at a six foot distance from you, we can only offer limited assistance at this time. We cannot offer any assistance with your personal devices.
- Photocopying and Fax services are available.
Some spaces and services are not yet available:
- Meeting rooms
- Book Sale
Additionally, there will be no eating or drinking in the Library until further notice. Restrooms are not available. No tutoring in the Library will be allowed until further notice.
Contactless Service Library Takeout, our contactless service, will continue to be available from the front entrance to the library. Please call the library at 732-251-1515 or go online at spotslibrary.org to place holds. If you aren’t sure what you are looking for, fill out one of our forms at http://spotslibrary.org/takeout/ and we will place holds on a few items that we think you might like based on your preferences. We are unable to request materials from other libraries at this time. We can also print your documents or send faxes if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Return of Library Items Items must be returned to the outdoor book drop. Do not bring returns into the Library building.
Quarantining Materials For the safety of users and staff, items will be quarantined for a minimum of 2 days before check-in. Please allow up to 5-7 days for items to be removed from your record. Fines will not be charged at this time. Lost items will be billed to your account and can be paid for online using SmartPay: https://smartpay.lmxac.org/scripts/smartpay/smartpay.dll
Printing/Photocopying/Faxing A maximum of 10 printouts or copies per day will be provided free of charge. A maximum of two pages can be faxed free of charge. Customers desiring to make additional copies or printouts or send additional pages via fax can do so if they have exact change. Spotswood Library cardholders ONLY can bill the cost to their account for printing, copying or fax additional pages, and pay it online using SmartPay: https://smartpay.lmxac.org/scripts/smartpay/smartpay.dll If you exceed $10 owed on your account, you will be blocked from using library services until the amount due is less than $10.
Programs Online programs are available via Zoom and Facebook. Please visit our calendar for additional details.
Book Donations We are unable to accept book donations at this time. Please consider supporting the Friends of the Spotswood Public Library by making a financial donation to them instead.
Materials in the library may have been touched by other customers just as items in grocery and retail stores may have been touched by others. Those with compromised immunity may wish to quarantine materials after bringing them home for 1 – 3 days before using them. There is no safe way to sanitize most library materials other than with time. Please do not spray or wipe library materials down. Customers will be charged for any damage done to materials.
While we are following the state reopening safety guidelines, library customers should be aware that there is some risk inherent in using shared spaces with shared materials. We cannot guarantee a perfectly safe space.
This policy was reviewed and approved by The Spotswood Library Board of Trustees at a regular virtual meeting on August 28, 2020.
Last updated 11/23/2020