With eLibraryNJ, you can borrow and enjoy free eBooks, audiobooks, and more from the library’s digital collection. All you need to get started is an internet connection, your library card and PIN.
1. DOWNLOAD THE OVERDRIVE APP FROM YOUR APP STORE AND SIGN UP FOR AN OVERDRIVE ACCOUNT USING THE FOLLOWING STEPS.
- Please select the “Sign up using library card” button in red.
- Enter Spotswood Public Library in the text box that appears and select it from the list that will generate.
- Since eLibraryNJ services all libraries in New Jersey, You will then need to select “Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium” there will be NO LISTING for the Spotswood Public Library.
- Enter your Library Card and PIN Number.
- Confirm that you are 13 or older.
- Get to searching!
In some instances, (i.e. using a Kindle Fire) you will need to have an Adobe ID so you can read ebooks on your phone. It’s a free account, click here to get an ID.
2. CHECKING OUT
- Titles can be checked out for up to 21 days.
- 5 Items can be checked out an one time.
3. PLACING HOLDS
Most titles are similar to library books and are one copy/one user titles. If the title is not available, a Hold button will display. To place a hold, click or tap the hold button. A success message will be displayed along with your place in line. For your convenience, eLibraryNJ will automatically checkout the title to your account. An email stating the title is available for download will be sent to the email address you have on file. When you receive the email you can look in your “Bookshelf” items to download your selection.
For more help downloading books, click here for OverDrive support section.